SOUTH CENTRAL PARK CONSTRUCTION UPDATE:
South Central Park Construction Update – July 24, 2018
- Paver installation continues within Phase 4.
- Underground electrical construction continues throughout entire project. Installation of lighting fixtures is in progress.
- Concrete crews continue with concrete work in Phase 4.
- Construction continues on the vertical structures including planters, decorative walls, pillars and kiosk.
- Landscaping and irrigation improvements are being installed throughout the project, including date palms, live oaks and ground cover plants.
- Underground utility work is complete within Phase 4 area.
- Avenue A SW between 3rd Street and 5th Street remains closed.
- Final asphalt paving is scheduled for all streets the week of July 30. Lane and/or road closures will be required intermittently during the 2-3 day operation.
Let us know if you have any questions by emailing the City at email@example.com. We appreciate the support and patience of all businesses, property owners and customers over the past year. We are getting very excited as this project gets closer to being finished. We hope you are, too!
South Central Park Renovations – The South Central Park construction project has been part of the downtown renovation conversation for more than 10 years. Through this time, its uses and designs have transformed, making the long process good for the end result. The value of downtown public green space has has risen greatly as more businesses and people desire community gathering space. By renovating the South Central Park, the downtown identity is strengthened as a vibrant destination, which stimulates private investment. Improving and expanding this important resource provides for seamless connectivity within the downtown core. The realignment of Avenue A and closing of Magnolia for a short distance will allow pedestrians to easily get where they want to go….and where they never knew they wanted to be! This space has always been a community gathering place, and it is appropriate to continue this tradition while reimagining it for the future.
Meet the Construction Contractor – Cobb Site Development, Inc.; 401 S 6th Ave.; Wauchula, Fl 33873 863-773-3839 or 863-385-2622
Cobb Site Development (CSD) is a well-respected name in both public and private construction arenas and has completed many complex site preparation projects, as well as roadwork for FDOT and municipalities in Florida. CSD is licensed as both a Certified General Contractor and Certified Utility and Excavation Contractor making the firm the only business to hold and remain both licenses in the area. Cobb Site Development is able to perform construction projects in a more timely manner with greater control over costs and scheduling.
Additional recent projects include a runway expansion at Bartow Airport; a streetscape project for the City of Avon Park; and drain and roadway improvements for the City of Wauchula.
KEY CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION
firstname.lastname@example.org – This is a direct line to City Hall communications where your questions will be answered and you’re thoughts heard.
LIKE the City on Facebook at www.facebook.com/winterhavenflorida
FOLLOW the City on Twitter at twitter.com/mywinterhaven
WEBSITE for the City of Winter Haven www.mywinterhaven.com
Sign Up for NEWS SPLASH NEWSLETTER www.egovlink.com/winterhaven/subscriptions/subscribe.asp
Sign Up for Main Street Winter Haven Downtown Business Email – produced and distributed by MSWH